Once you have purchased a Web Hosting package for your domain name with CLOUDSTARKS, you need to take the following steps to begin using it:
Upload your Website using FTP (Anchor: upload)
- cPanel Linux Hosting package: For cPanel Linux Hosting, simply upload your website content to the public_html folder. The folder www is simply a link/alias to this public_html folder. 1
- Plesk Windows Hosting package: For Plesk Windows Hosting, upload your website content to the httpdocs folder. 2
Access your Website (Anchor: siteaccess)
Once you have uploaded your content on our Web Hosting server, you may preview your website from a Temporary URL. This URL is available, both in the email that is mailed to you upon purchase as well as within the Order Information view of your Web Hosting Order. 4
When you are satisfied that your content has been uploaded to CLOUDSTARKS‘s server, you need to point your domain name to your website hosted with us. To do this you need to either:
- change the Name Servers of your domain name to ours (recommended),
- create the necessary DNS Records on your existing Name Servers.
To Know Which Name Servers to Use Or what DNS Records to Set (Anchor: ns-dns)
- Login to your Control Panel, Search for the domain name for which you have purchased this Hosting Order and go to the Order Information view. 5
- Click the Name Server Details link.
- Here, you would find the list of Name Servers you need to set for your domain name.
Alternatively, if you wish to retain the Name Servers of your domain name instead of using CLOUDSTARKS‘s Name Servers, you would need to add the DNS Records listed on this page, on your existing Name Servers. 6